Join BirdLife Cyprus and Let's Make Cyprus Green for a clean up event on Sunday, 18 November at Zakaki Marsh in Limassol from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm. Bring your family and friends and make a nice day out of it.
Meeting Point – As you drive down to road leading to Lady’s Mile Beach, you will find us on the right-hand side of the road after the bird hide. Please see map below for the meeting place:
We will provide:
- Recycling/trash bags
- Face masks (for those who prefer to wear)
- A truck
- Garbage bins
- Garden & latex gloves, however, we recommend that you bring your own gloves if you can just in case we run out of your size (gloves that are a thicker material to prevent any potential injuries).
- First aid kit
If you will be participating, we only recommend the following:
- To wear comfortable clothes and shoes (Check the weather so you come appropriately dressed. It can be quite warm during the day or cold if it is cloudy)
- A jacket just in case of wind.
- For anyone with long hair, don’t forget to bring a hair tie.
- Bring your friends & family!
Following our clean-up, we will make our way towards the bird hide to enjoy the birds of the area. We will provide telescopes and binoculars, as well as bird guides and other information material. Zakaki Marsh is the remnant of a once larger wetland. The area is especially important during winter and spring migration and one can see many water birds such as herons, wintering ducks and waders. The site is also one of the few where the Ferruginous Duck, a species of global conservation concern, breeds.
For more information please contact us on 22455072.